my heart whispers in words..

so lend me your eyes, and listen..

Thursday 10 March 2011

A chatter of Love

" Dear Kc i know u're not online tp nk bg tau this morning i woke up late 10am sbb lepas subuh sambung tdo. I heard pa working at the back porch as usual his routine cuci dekat fish pond tu. Since i was late kelam kabut mandi. When he came up dia tanya sedap tdo ma? I smiled...then he said tdo ma....enjoy your sleep n bangkit lewat sbb nnt dah start kerja x leh bangun lewat dah...tengok le bagus punya husband....x marah bangun lewat....suruh enjoy tdo...mana nk dpt mcm tu? therefore antara ciri2 suami kenalah cari mcm pa..hehe...sometimes i feel very lucky...he's so tolerant tentang prangai kita....esp kc n fn, if i marah u all, dia mesti marah mama...he doesn't want to make u all susah hati ke...he'll do anythng he can to try please ev one.  kat langgar pun mcm tu...tok ckp nk g pumpong, jom gi pumpong. Lastly ma x de idea nk bangkang dia so i end up ikut aje dia sbb dia slalu try to entertain kita...begitulah coretan pagi tentang ciri suami yg baik...ehm..ehm "

Someone once told me, that there is no love that lasts forever. He said that all thats left after a few years of fiery passion, is responsibility. True enough, that is not the first time I've come across such ideas. Some even told me that after some time, you get addicted to the company. Its not so much as the same fluttering endearment that you feel within, its just the comfort of the having someone familiar.

I'm an idealist.
Truthfully speaking, I do not comprehend how two people can live with each other for so long. In the end, they cease to become a person, instead they are fused and linked as one; a unit. For me this union kills a person's identity. He/She simply cease to exist.

I believe, I stand corrected.

How can I utter those words when the model of Perfect Love was in front of my eyes all along?
Silently growing stronger throughout the years.
Nurturing, protecting what is dear.
Love in its true essence spells Ma and Pa.

Their union did not kill their personality, instead they complemented each other. They are the polar opposites of the same magnet.
Ma and Pa is Love.
Unwavering. Pure. Eternal.

I now know true love exists. So perhaps now, I am more enlightened to find mine.

Someone who falls under the shadow of my father.
A strong man, both physically and spiritually. I think it is appropriate to say that he is the one person I look up to. His words are the only words that can motivate me. Since I was young, I refused to go to any motivational camps or talks of the sorts. I find them annoyingly shallow, unreal and fake. The only words I succumb to and knock sense into this head on mine are those of Papa's. And it hasn't changed for the last 24 years.

He has humble origins. From a poor farmer's family. And he worked his way up, my Mama an essential pillar of strength in his journey. And he is now as close to the top as a simple man can get. We are not filthy rich, but I dare say my sister and I have never been denied of anything we had requested, save they are a necessity.

He's not stern or overbearing. He's cheery and jovial, open minded and accepting. Yet his morals are deep, his principles clear, his Faith undivided. He's like a large willow tree, deeply rooted into the ground, providing shade, protection and shelter. Yet unmoving, no matter how hard the wind blows, instead the leaves whip back in defense. 

I wonder if such a man exists anymore. I told Mama, that Papa's species is extinct. She got the last one.
Lucky her. =)


No comments:

Post a Comment