my heart whispers in words..

so lend me your eyes, and listen..

Friday 26 November 2010


The entrance to The Corteo was grand. Instead of the normal stage lights, chandeliers hung from the canopy, the stage ornamented with bronze candlesticks, bearing flickering orange-y candles. The circular stage was split into, by a veil of painting,entitled "The Grand Parade".

Likewise, I was amazed at the beauty of it all. That is, until the cirque actually started. And then to me, it was not just beauty. It was eerie. Beautiful, yes, but in a creepy sort of way. The air was filled with a thick sense of...impending doom. It's like Death, gift wrapped in shiny wrapping paper and ribbons.

The opening was sarcastic, and almost mocking. But then again, I wondered if I was biased because this time, I actually researched the show. Its a circus, only the setting was a funeral. How much more twisted can the whole thing get? The Clown is imagining his own funeral procession, in which he wishes to perform in for the last time before he dies. That was why there were angels, dangling through out the show. It was fine at the beginning, but towards the end, those dangling legs just became spooky.

Maybe its because I'm a spiritual being. Well, shoot me! I cant help that i believe in Death, Angels, Heaven and Hell, moreover God.  
And to me, the whole funeral thing, was a mockery to Death. Death isnt like that. Its not clumsy, and funny, what more entertaining. But to put visions of ex-lovers, hanging from chandeliers ( that was the first act) and to have angels overlooking the procession, it was almost as if they were intimidating Death. And for once, Im glad that my prophet, and my God, teaches me to fear Death and Hell, so that i refrain from doing bad, so that i improve on the good deeds. Instead this whole ordeal just proves how much a joke this is to the faithless. Taking something like Death, as a joke, its no wonder that everything else is fine to them.

It was an eye opener, tonight was. And alhamd lillah, I feel that the 1k+ roubles, was actually worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment